Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Kiddie Corral


While in Lexington, I had the absolute pleasure of spending an entire day with two of my closest friends, Allison Culbertson and Emily Stuart, and their children, Sadie and Everett Stuart and Lucy Culbertson. It was the first time Al and Em met Kaden, and the first time I got to meet Everett and Lucy. We had a great time catching up, swapping stories, and generally adoring all the kids.

Sadie is now two, and I haven't seen her for well over a year. Wow! This little one is all girl: she prances everywhere, has a vocabulary that would make a five-year old jealous, is full of spirit, and is the most well mannered little girl I have ever met. She was a joy to be around!

Everett is two months younger than Kaden but has already outgrown him. He seems to be the most easy-going baby there is, and those cheeks!!! I could love on him all day long.

Lucy is the most beautiful baby girl imaginable. At just four weeks old, she was quite alert and took in all the chaos around her. I am positive her disposition will be just as angelic as her little face. I couldn't get enough of holding the little bundle, it is amazing how quickly they grow!

I am so lucky to have these women in my life. I am more and more convinced that we should all live on a commune; we could see one another every day and bask in the joy of watching our children grow up together. Plus...a few more hands, heads, and hearts never hurts!

No comments:

Post a Comment