Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Little Flirt

Kaden has become quite the flirt. It started one morning when he was looking at himself in the mirror. For the longest time, he simply stared and tried to figure out who the people were that were looking back at him. This particular morning, however, he smiled. When his image smiled back, he shyly tucked his head into my neck. This process continued for several minutes. If I could read his mind, I am betting it would have been something like this: "That is one good looking kid. He must like me 'cause he keeps smiling. I'll give him a little smile back and see what happens. Ha! Look, there it is again. I can tell, we're gonna be buddies." Not only does he enjoy flirting with himself, he adores charming strangers. Whenever we are out and about, he seems to have many admirers. Each person who comes up and oohs and ahhs over him is rewarded with a megawatt gummy smile. Sometimes the smile is preceded by a quizzical appraisal, sometimes he "checks in" with me to make sure we're o.k., but in the end he can't help himself...the charm just oozes out of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment