Thursday, February 25, 2010

I *Heart* NY...Brooklyn To Be Exact

Gammi, Kaden, and I went to New York to visit my very best friend, Miriam Stern, and her new baby girl, Lila. What can I say about this experience? It meant the world to me. It was so very special to meet this little girl who will one day call Miriam "Mom." Lila may look like her dad, but she is her mother's daughter - she is as fiesty as they come, tiny as a ladybug, sweet as can be, and crazy advanced for her eight weeks of age. I should say I was amazed that she was holding her head up, smiling, rolling over, and just generally "with it," but I really didn't expect anything less from the Stern baby. What I didn't expect...that it would be so hard for me to say good-bye to my best friend and her beautiful baby girl. Dear Gabriel, Miriam, and Lila - thank you so much for letting us stay at your fantastic place while we were visiting. A special thanks to Gabe for understanding our friendship (and putting up with it). Miriam - I miss you every day.


Friends since 7th grade, it was bizarre watching our children meet one another for the first time. Kaden got fresh with little Lila by trying to hold (and then eat) her hand. What can a boy do when she wears those midriff showing shirts?


On our trip to NY, we also had the opportunity to introduce Kaden to his cousin Teddy Koshgerian. They were super cute together! Only two months apart in age, I think they will have a lot of fun growing up together - too bad we are so far apart geographically! Teddy is as cute as they come. He has some great expressions and even his cry "mama mama mama mama" is adorable. I can't wait to see how much he has grown this summer at the Shore. Dear Rick, Liz, and Teddy - thank you so much for making the drive down from Philly. It was great to see all three of you and it meant a lot that you made the effort.



My cousin, Leslie Grant, also lives in Brooklyn. She has a brand new baby boy too! Lee Grant was only four weeks old when she hosted all of us at her home for dinner. Color me impressed! Leslie's husband, Alex, cooked a wonderful dinner for the whole family. We had the best time catching up over good food, good wine, and great conversation. Even the babies cooperated! I can't wait to see Mr. Lee (and his parents) when he comes out to California to visit his grandparents. Dear Alex, Leslie, and Lee - thank you so much for your hospitality and having us all over to your home for dinner. It was so much cozier than a restaurant!

Our Men
Leslie and Lee, Mama and Kaden, Liz and Teddy

Family
Liz and Teddy, Mama and Kaden, Rick, Alex, Leslie, and Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment