Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

This Thanksgiving it was just the three of us and, while we missed all our family and friends, I think it was pretty successful. Early on, I decided that it was more important to me to spend time with my boys than in the kitchen, so I decided to order the turkey and make the side dishes (truth be told, I was extremely intimidated by the bird). Since Kevin likes the dark meat I decided to order an entire "fully cooked" turkey from Whole Foods. Problem: I mistakenly assumed that "fully cooked" meant ready to serve. When I picked up the 12-pounder at 11:30 this morning and saw that it was shrink wrapped, a tad frozen, and appeared to have been "fully cooked" months ago I was, to say the least, a little frantic. Whenever I'm frantic because of something going wrong in the kitchen, I call my mom. She talked me through it and we ended up with a delicious Thanksgiving meal...just a few hours later than I anticipated. Needless to say, we have A LOT of leftover turkey. Our menu for the next few weeks is turkey sandwiches, turkey soup, turkey salad, turkey casserole.....

We have so much to be thankful for this year. Our healthy baby boy is at the top of the list, but we are also thankful for all our loving, supportive, and incomparable family and friends. This year wouldn't have been possible without you. We miss you everyday.



Our little turkey.




No comments:

Post a Comment