Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter 2014

The Saturday before Easter, Gammi and Pop took Kaden to the La Jolla Rec Center for the Annual Easter Egg Hunt and Spring Celebration.  He saw a couple of his little girlfriends there, made some crafts, hunted for eggs, and got his face painted.  He also got to meet the Easter Bunny.  When he got home, he told me with a sad little voice, "The Easter Bunny is just a man dressed up in a bunny costume."  I asked him what made him think that, and he told me that he could see the guy's hairy wrist.  I tried to explain that, of course that wasn't the "real" Easter Bunny as the "real" EB had a big night ahead of him delivering baskets and eggs to all the children. I'm not entirely sure he believed me, and I'm saddened that a little of the magic disappeared way too early.









Whether he believed or not, the EB delivered Easter morning.  Kaden really liked his basket, but had an even better time going through Harrison's and showing him all the goodies.




After baskets, I asked Kaden to help me make breakfast with trick eggs filled with confetti. 

The egg hunt is never as fun when you're hunting by yourself, but the candy inside was no less sweet.


Dressed and ready for church.

Dying eggs for our cracking contest

Gammi was the big winner this year!

Feeling grateful for God's love this Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment