Thursday, December 26, 2013

Kaden Rides a Bike

Kaden got a "big-boy" bike on Christmas morning and was riding it that afternoon.  To say I was amazed is an understatement.  He's been riding his balance bike for about a year and a half now, and everyone told me the transition to a "real bike" would be an easy one.  I was unconvinced and was sure he was going to have to use training wheels, at least for a few months.  But I was 100% wrong.  He hopped on the bike up at the High School track and took off.  He was so proud of himself, and I was so proud of him.  I could tell that he relished his first taste of independence and, as he whizzed around the track, I loved watching him taking it all in.  What a fun milestone this was!

He's been riding every day since and it has not lost its luster.  He begged us to add a kickstand and now he feels like a really big guy.


Kaden's fans and cheerleaders:



No comments:

Post a Comment