Saturday, November 23, 2013

Harrison - Four Months

Well, right after his three month update Harrison started talking and hasn't stopped chatting since.  He babbles almost all day and it's the cutest little thing you've ever heard.  Sometimes I think he's actually trying to carry on a conversation with us.  We also heard his first giggle.  On November 8th, in response to his Daddy's foolishness, he let out a tiny little giggle.  They've only grown in size and frequency.  He loves when his Dad makes up a silly game; when I make silly faces, kiss his belly, or dance with him; and when his brother sings the "Good Morning" song (although when he's older and understands that he's being compared to a monkey, I'm not sure he'll be so amused).  We are still waiting for him to roll over, but considering his heft I'm not surprised it hasn't happened yet.  The progress on his toticolis is excellent.  He has full range of motion and almost full strength on his left side.  The therapist said that his head has shaped up nicely and she will not be recommending a helmet for him - yay!

H hasn't liked car rides - until November 11 when we moved his car seat next to Kaden's.  Now that he can see his big brother he is completely content.  I can hardly believe how fast he's growing.  I relish all the snuggles and, lucky for me, he is a snuggle bug.  He wants to take all his naps in my arms and, when I pick him up, he throws his little arm around my neck and squeezes in close.  If he is having trouble falling asleep in his crib I give him kisses and stroke his head, he presses my hand up against his face and falls into a peaceful sleep (the trick is then removing my hand without waking him).  I'm still trying to figure out out how such a little thing, who has been in my life such a short time, can make my heart feel as though it will burst with love.  

17.1 pounds - 25 inches


A quick little beach photo shoot for our Christmas Card/H's Birth Announcement.  We had professional family photos taken (we do it every two years), but the photographer wanted to charge us an extra $100 for a digital image of H.  We decided that H is so cute that we didn't actually need professional photo, so one evening we walked down to the beach for a DIY shoot.  We were SO right!  We call the lounging photo his sexy pose - it cracks me up every time I see it!

Harrison met a friend tonight, Baby Sam.  Sam is seven months older than H, but I think they will be best buds in no time.  Kaden and Sam's older sister, Bella, have been friends since they were the babies' ages and the Scheres are a very special family to us.

Gammi sent H a monogrammed silver rattle and it is his favorite teething toy.  I know, teething already???  How cute is that pudgy little belly that his shirts can't keep controlled.

We had a very special visitor this month - Uncle D from New York!  He was in LA visiting friends and drove all the way down to San Diego for one night to have dinner with us and meet his newest nephew.  It was great seeing him!  It is uncanny how much Harrison resembles him.  I think it's the eyes and the nose.  It must be, because Harrison's smile is all his Dad's.

Waiting for his four-month Well Check at the Doctor - little did he know shots were right around the corner.  He's a brave little baby.  He cried, only briefly, and then snuggled into my arms and fell asleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment