Saturday, April 28, 2012

Spring in the Bluegrass, by Kaden Flynn

On my most recent trip to Kentucky I:

Spent with my Uncle Paul...


whom I idolize;


Visited my friend, Lucy, and met her brand new baby sister, Zoe;


Got to make and eat all kinds of fun treats - my favorites were the popsicles and popcorn;



Made yet another visit to see Clyde and his B-I-G machines;

Went to the "Big Blue Building" to see Pop at work;

Took a highly anticipated trip to Keeneland to see the horses race;







[After seeing the horses I loudly protested the idea of taking a nap.  Mom was right though, I sure was tired...I ended up falling asleep sitting up!  By the way, this is the bed that I slept in the entire time that I was in Kentucky - a big boy bed, is what Mom called it!]


Received a fun pair of sunglasses from Uncle Paul and, as usual, had fun with Gammi's iPad;

Visited with Bowen Maggard - we both really like trucks, so we had a lot in common;

Invented a new game that involved throwing toys down the laundry chute, trying to see them at the bottom with a flashlight, and then running down the stairs to make sure they actually landed (it was a tiring game now that I think about it);

Explored the Explorium with Gammi and Pop;




Tried my first massage chair at the airport before we went back to California...it was a riot; 

 And even had fun on the car rides...when Gammi sat in the back seat with me, that is.

All in all, I had another fantastic visit!  I love that town, but I think it is the people I get to visit there that make it so much fun.  I sure do miss those folks!  I think they may miss me a little bit too...

No comments:

Post a Comment