Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day Feast

Happy Father's Day to all the father's out there, most especially Kevin, Poppi, and Papa.


We celebrated Kevin's first Father's Day by having brunch at a local breakfast joint, hiking the hill at Torrey Pines State Park, watching A LOT of golf, and a enjoying a St. Louis Style feast for dinner - homemade toasted ravioli, Pasta House salad, Imo's Pizza, and Thiem's chocolate cake. Yum!!!

On this special day, I have to gush just a bit about Kaden's dad. While Kaden is a little too young to understand just how lucky he is to have a father like Kevin, I understand it fully. We are so incredibly blessed to be loved by such a caring, inspiring, courageous, extraordinary man. All Kaden knows is that there is this big guy who lives in our house, with a great big smile and infectious laugh, who is his very favorite playmate. He will soon learn that in his father is a terrific role model and an even better friend. I love watching Kaden's eyes light up when Kevin walks in the room, watching him crawl after Kevin whenever he leaves. I love hearing Kaden's belly laugh that only Kevin can elicit. I love seeing their love for one another grow each and every day. I even love all the memories yet to be made - it just makes me wonder if one lifetime will be enough to share with this family I love to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment