Saturday, August 29, 2009

Meeting Gammi

My mom, Gammi to Kaden, changed her flight and flew out to San Diego as soon as we told her I was in labor. She came straight to the hospital from the airport. As you can tell from the photo, he stole her heart.

I was so fortunate to have my mom stay with us for the first few weeks. She was a life-saver! Not only did she cook, clean, change diapers, etc., she was the best companion I could have asked for during the hours Kevin was at work. She was also our voice of reason. Kaden was so good the first few weeks (a very sound sleeper and hardly ever a cry) Kevin and I began to think something was wrong. Mom assured us that he was just, "the best baby." Looking back, I think he was just showing off for Nana!

Kaden loved hearing his Gammi read to him using all the silly voices she could think of. He also loved her finger-puppet shows. Most of all, he loved listening to her sing to him. We missed her the minute she left and are keeping our fingers crossed she visits us often.

No comments:

Post a Comment